Thursday, 18 July 2013

Pretty in Pink

This year my daughter has really developed a passion for gardening.  In honour of this I thought I would dedicate this week's post to her favourite colour and show how our garden is pretty in pink.

Roh loves these snap-dragons and I can often find her making them talk, and telling hugely exciting stories.


This plant sits just beyond the decking and is so often alive with bees and butterflies.  It give a stunning cloud of pink as you look down the garden, and yet as you look closely its flowers are so pretty and delicate much like our little girl.





Rose's are my daughter's namesake. 


These pretty nemesia look so cheeky and happy, just like Roh who is such a happy soul.

A cosmos flower, with petals and leaves so fragile, that bend and sway in the breeze.  In many ways I see Roh the same, as she works so hard to compensate for her hyper mobility, making her so wobbly and fragile at times, but never letting it hold her back, standing tall and proud!


And these Sweet Williams, so bright and vivid.  Full of colour and energy and life, like Roh.


I have a feeling next week's colour may well be brown as we look out on our scorched lawn, and work each evening to re-distribute the paddling pool water onto the thirsty flower beds.

Linking up to the lovely 'How Does Your Garden Grow' over at Mammasaurus.

Mammasaurus - How Does Your Garden Grow?

25 comments:

  1. I'm doing that with Kitty and Ozzys little paddling pool too each evening! I have a neighbour who's sprinkler is on for 2 hours each night but I just can't bring myself to waste so much water :/

    Lovely pink flowers, so many shades but all lovely. I really like the nemesia, so sweet - doesn't it have a fragrance to it? I looks like it should smell nice - of that makes any sense at all.

    Thanks for sharing again my dear xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a similar neighbour, and I know exactly what you mean, does seem so wasteful for the sake a greener lawn.

      This nemesia doesn't have a fragrance sadly :( Thanks so much for hosting xx

      Delete
  2. loving the pink i really hope it doesnt turn brown get your hose pipe out before the ban :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Have we got a ban yet?! Was hoping for more rain than we had in these fleeting thunderstorms, but sadly not :( x

      Delete
  3. Such an amazing selection again - I just love the roses and the sweet williams :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The Sweet Williams have been fab this year x

      Delete
  4. Love the Sweet Williams! Gorgeous! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such beautiful photos and flowers as ever. Love the thought of Roh making the snapdragons talk! I did that as a kid too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I used to love making them talk x

      Delete
  6. The nemesia looks painted, it is so pretty! Rose is my daughter's middle name, an old family name with some lore to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that sounds intriguing, would love to know what the story with the name is! x

      Delete
  7. I think this is my favourite post this week! I adore pink, so much prettiness here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you! I'm very fond of pink too :) x

      Delete
  8. I love the pinks, they are just fabulous and even nicer are the descriptions and how they match with Roh xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nichola - I'm so pleased you got that bit too xx

      Delete
  9. Beautiful pictures! You're taking some really wonderful shots. So cute that Roh makes the snapdragons talk. I'd always thought they look as though they have mouths....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do if you squeeze the sides. Thank you for your lovely comment..I'm so enjoying being out and about and snapping away, although I'm sure to get stung one day as I immersed myself in a bee-filled lavender for this week!x

      Delete
  10. This is such a lovely post - such a gentle dedication to your daughter - and those flowers, all of them, are just gorgeous! X.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I'm so pleased the dedication came across x

      Delete
  11. Loving the pink! The snapdragons are gorgeous, as is the nemesia, such pretty colours. Some of our plants are a bit scorched too...! Although some seem to be loving our heatwave :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of ours have not loved the heat wave so much sadly :( Hoping for rain today but it isn't looking as though the forecast was correct! x

      Delete
  12. Your garden does look stunning. I often wish I could grow flowers and for a moment I'll be excited by the prospect, but I just know I'd only tend to them for a few weeks and then forget and let them die of thirst. I'm a bit of a plant-serial-killer.

    ReplyDelete